September 13, 2011

Good vs. Bad

THE BAD STUFF

I got up at 4:15AM to go to work at 5AM this morning.
I was supposed to be up at 4:15 this morning to get my ass into work for 5AM, but instead I ended up learning a couple of things about life. I don't REMEMBER getting up walking to my desk and turning off my alarm clock. I do remember Telly nuzzling my face, checking my cellphone which magically was under my pillow and gasping in horror at the time. (Sitcom situation impending!)

• 5:30AM (the ACTUAL time I woke up) still looks like the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.
• Cats make good alarm clocks.
• If people don't USUALLY compliment you on your work glasses but they're noticing them today, you put them on in the dark and wore your hipster goggles to work by accident. Also, you're still half asleep.

Usually when I have anxious freak outs it's because I make some sort of mistake, so today had me on the brink. When I apologized sincerely (it was a Mona Lisa of an apology, trust me) to my manager she honestly seemed to care less about my accidental tardiness than I did. Still, it bothered me for the rest of my shift. I was in a bad way, and it was adding on to some of the feelings that have been following me around. Egging the Bear on, so to speak.

Despite my own promises to live with joie de vivre and making up a new motto to go with it, I have to confess kids, I've been feeling in a rut lately. A rut that is threatening to turn into a trench. Unless I do something about it... I have a plan and a possible opportunity but I don't want to write about it until it's a little more certain. (Ooh. Mysterious.)

THE GOOD STUFF
After work, I got home, chilled out for a little bit and then popped out to do some errands.
I went to the library and saw a dream car in the parking lot: a red Mercedes 560SL. I love the boxy look of old Mercedes and gawked at it like a construction workers eye up ladies in films from the 80s. (Yeah, I rhymed, what?) It's a serious head turner.

In terms of books I picked up On the Road by Jack Kerouac (for hipster cred), a book about writing/planning novels to try and sort out some ideas for this year's NaNoWriMo, and Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston, the book/man upon which the movie 127 Hours is based.

Then I went to the grocery store and bought smiley fries (Hellyeah,my one weakness) and strawberry soy milk. Which I then had for lunch, because I am not a BORN health nut. When I finally arrived home from having a huge sneeze attack, I also discovered my new Aldo boots had arrived!

The goods today outweigh the bads, something I'm grateful for in a day that got off to a less than settled start, and I'm proud of myself for keeping it together and moving on over dwelling on it like I usually do.

2 comments:

  1. Why must there be bad mixed in with the good EVERY single day? I'm glad to hear that you've got a plan!!! and I'm excited to see what it unfolds to :)

    You are totally hipstering, btw, with your Kerouac. Though I'm an English major, I have never picked up any of his work. I'm more of a dead British guy who died before the turn of the 20th century kind of gal. hehe.

    Oooh NaNoWriMo! I have been wanting to join this FOREVEr, but just never really had the time or the guts. I wish you luck!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always good and bad in a day. I hate waking up early. Those are always the days that I seem to run the latest. Stupid bad luck streaks.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete