February 09, 2013

Le Tired

It's Friday night/Saturday morning, 3AM precisely, the neighbors are blasting music loud as hell, and I'm sitting on my couch blogging. Why am I sitting on my couch blogging, instead of out and about in the city with the people?

Well, for starters, it's cold outside. This morning waiting for the bus, I was cursing the land itself while snowflakes sliced the air, riding on the back of the wind. I knew that tonight was not a "going out on the town to spend money I can't afford to spend, sitting in the same bar" (anything close to the house. Seriously I am a baby when it comes to winter) night. No, I said. Eff you, winter, I said. I'm a badass and I say what I want.

Secondly, this week sort of kicked my ass. I started my new job as a Barista at Java U, which means my usual sleep in days or days off became: "get up at 6AM and hustle to the metro" days. And sleep time became paper writing time or workout time (sometimes) or studying-for-French-exams time. J'etais fatigué. I can only hope that as time goes on, my body will adjust to being on the go all the time and managing all of this won't feel so exhaustive. When I got home from class today, I made a bowl of popcorn, crawled into my bed and watched Portlandia. And it. Was. Awesome.

I regret NOTHING.

Other than that....I'm doing alright. I ate WAY too much chocolate today (there are worse problems to have), I lost 2.5 lbs this week (...no thanks to the chocolate), I aced my French exam with panache (le yay!) and I have a whole weekend in which to do nothing. Or to say I want to do nothing, only to snap with cabin fever and venture forth. It's all good.

Also: I'm thinking about starting a recipe/food blog again, for real this time. My attempt in the past was half hearted and it happened at a time when I wasn't cooking for myself all that much. I think it would be fun, I'm passionate about it, I eat food pretty much every day of my life and it would help me sharpen my writing skills. But I need a name....


No comments:

Post a Comment