January 30, 2013

Hallmark'd.


Photobucket
 
Today was Bek's 23rd birthday. She got stuck with a birthday on a Tuesday. Everyone gets these in their lives, the birthdays where you pay your dues, you go to work,  you feel entitled to something but you don't know what, and the world isn't sure of it either, so it goes unnoticed. Which you don't mind... much.... Okay maybe it bothers you a little, but you'd never say anything or make trouble. You know who minds? Your best friend.

 SO, in order to try and upset this, I took up my mama's banner of trying to make the day as special as I could within the limits of the dreaded day after Monday. (Also, the banner of dirtying every dish in the kitchen, although I imagine she's less proud of that one.)
I put up decorations, made her homemade cupcakes, special pizza, a disney Princess birthday card (AW YEAH) and over all, everything went off smashingly well. We ate (lots), watched Bronson, laughed our asses off and to top it all off, we get to go out this weekend to celebrate MORE!

She said, at the end of it all, that I was going to make a good mom some day... because I had done a good job at making her day special. The moment was decidedly Hallmark, and I was decidedly touched by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment