October 07, 2011

Bumblebees

I've been busy lately, and more or less happy with being busy. When I'm not at work, I feel creative and I want to have fun and enjoy every second with people and with writing and everything.

Let's start off with exterior blogs & writing:

Behind the Green Apron: Part II

Fashion Friday: Your Style

Shameless self promotion! OH. And I got my hands on a copy of the Comeback Issue, the first paper issue of Travis this year. I saw my piece. I saw my picture. UN.REAL.


I never thought when I was younger I'd be in a magazine... and now.... I feel small town famous.

I got down to a little baking too!

Double glazed pumpkin scones. (Simpsons fans: Mmmm....double glazed.....) I got the recipe, and believe me. THESE WERE SO GOOD. I ate THREE the day I baked them. I brought one to work for breakfast the next morning (5AM shifts or bust?), and when I got home from work , I realized they were so good my dog Jack had eaten ALL OF THEM. That was a little sad. I'll just have to try and crank those out tomorrow before all of our guests arrive for thanksgiving dinner!


UHHHHHH. I have to go to bed now. I open 5:30AM tomorrow. Thanks, Starbucks, you douche.

2 comments:

  1. Those scones look delicious!! Wish I could get my hands on several of those!! =) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley, I am sooooo loving your articles! I laughed so hard at the Fashion Friday photo of that grumpy looking baby! hahaha. oh my gosh! And You are so right-- fashion is a celebration of oneself! I totally look at fashion blogs for inspiration too because I see how real people without stylists wear clothing!

    Your scones look marvelous. triple glazed? that's like a treat wrapped up around a treat! and look at you being so famous! HURRAY!

    Happy Monday!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete