September 11, 2011

The Silver Screen

I just learned they are making a romantic comedy about the invention of the vibrator. Starring Hugh Dancy (one of my FAVOURITE actors, he's an amazing andalsogoodlooking) and Maggie Gyllenhaal... I love her (Dark Knight and Stranger Then Fiction!) and people tell me that I look like her on an almost monthly basis. SO EXCITED though I KNOW it won't be out for quite some time... Oh well. I guess I'll have to watch something else while I wait. Which reminds me... There are a lot of movies I'm looking forward to in the next little while... LIST TIME.

MOVIES I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN THE FINAL MONTHS OF 2011

One Day
I just want to see it, and Jill wants to see it, giving me an excuse to go to drama/romance movies I don't normally get the opportunity to watch.

Like Crazy
I saw the trailer for this while going to see My Idiot Brother on Labour Day Monday with Bek. The trailer itself was pretty powerful and it had my attention in a way most romances DO NOT. I typically roll my eyes at stuff like this but....I fell in love with Anton Yelchin's face during the Star Trek reboot and now...I just need to see this movie.

50/50
When I was explaining the plot and concept of this film to Jill as we wandered around the mall today, she hit the nail on the head with my feelings about it.
Jill: "It's about time. I just feel like the whole...heart wrenching....cancer movie thing...."
Me: "Has been done to death?"
Jill: "Uh...yeah...It's just good to have something light hearted about it. People need that for cancer."

Moneyball
It looks like MORE than just a sports movie. A combination between real life, drama, comedy and Jonah Hill. Seriously, from Super Bad to Get Him To the Greek, Jonah Hill has always made me smile. I'm really interested to see him stretch his acting skills.

Machine Gun Preacher
Badass title. Based on a true story. Interesting buzz.

The Three Musketeers (kind of.)
I fear that this movie could be AWFUL but it has Christoph Waltz in it, Orlando Bloom rocks a pouf and an earring, and OH YES. It's the THREE MUSKETEERS, which is awesome. You know how awesome it is? The only other movie I've seen with them as characters was the Man In the Iron Mask, which came out when I was EIGHT and has a 6/10 rating on IMDB AND I STILL LOVE IT. I can even forgive that all the characters are from France and Jeremy Irons is still British, Leo DiCaprio for all his acting skillz is still American and Gerard Depardieu is actual French.

My Week With Marilyn
"Colin Clark, an employee of Sir Laurence Olivier's, documents the tense interaction between Olivier and Marilyn Monroe during production of The Prince and the Showgirl."--IMDB. Did I MENTION that Clark is played by Eddie Redmayne, who captured my heart in the Pillars of the Earth saga? My old hollywood fix meets my ginger fix AND back again.

Immortals
Director Tarsem Singh BLEW MY BRAINS OUT with his debut movie The Fall. It was not like any movie I had seen before and the SECOND I knew he was directing something new, the movie was on the must see list. The fact that it's a violent mythological journey like 300 but without all the meme potential (so far) just makes me want it more. MOAR I SAY.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I know very little about this film, I have to admit. I know it's a thriller. I know it has an awesome name. I know Colin Firth, Gary Oldman and Benedict Cumberbatch (I have a crush on his face, name AND talent) are in it. Honestly, that's all I need.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
My love of ALL OF THE AMAZING Downey Jr./Law bromance in the first film ALONE would have me running to see the sequel. BUT it's another Guy Ritchie flick, I hear it might be better than the first AND if the score is half as good as it was in the other film, my heart might explode from happy. Also. Robert Downey Jr...IN DRAG.

War Horse
No lies: Benedict Cumberbatch is in this too and that's my main motive for seeing it. I'm a terrible film person.

Also, I kind of wanna see Tin Tin but I don't know anyone else who will ALSO want to see it so I'm going to have to wait until it comes out on DVD and THEN check it out...
What flicks are y'all looking forward to?

2 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of this movie before, although I did already know about the invention of the vibrator. What can I say? I'm an English major who liked to read and write about weird things. hahahah.

    Ok, so because I don't watch TV or go to the movies that often, I have no idea what movies are coming out... I've not heard of ANY of these movies save 3 Musketeers, but only because I like to be kept in the Orlando Bloom loop. Too bad he looks blah in this. Anyway, I will have to see War Horse because I have a huge crush on BC!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH I WANT TO SEE ALL OF THESE. LET'S GO BROKE TOGETHER.

    ReplyDelete