August 30, 2011

Aztec & Aqua

I have officially started my job at Starbucks! (WOO!) So far it's been a lot of coffee tasting, and trying to learn the secret language of the Barista. I don't speak Starbuckian fluently, not yet anyway. Of course, today was only my second shift. I got up at 5:30 IN THE MORNING to be at work by 6:30. It's a good thing my latest direction is taking me down a road paved with coffee beans or I'd pass right out by the time I got there. I'm enjoying it so far. Also I'm about two shifts away from becoming a coffee snob, too.

I'm really hoping to try and get some creative juice going, to maintain a good writing&blogging schedule while working two jobs at the same time. Oh yes, having a life might be fun too, in there, somewhere. Also naps. Also, running. Good lord, it's no wonder I was forced into using a day planner!

Anyway, my shift was only four hours of training this morning, so I decided to get some errands done at the mall before I punched my daily run right in the FACE. I ended up wearing something that I thought was unusual and bright, so I decided to snap a couple pictures in the name of colour!

This picture reminds me of Yoshi from Super Mario.

Is that crazy?
I started with the pants then pulled on the shirt because of the blue and aqua in the pattern. Keeping with the print, which seems a little outdoorsy, kind of Native American or Aztec, I threw on the boots. Maybe it's not the COOLEST thing I've ever worn, but it's bright and comfy for the errands I had to run today. Plus, I felt good wearing it which is the most important thing. Also, I didn't take a picture of it, but my prized bag ended up with this outfit too, along with some red lipstick and a naked eye. Love it!

Shirt & Jeans: Forever 21
Boots: Chuck Taylor's Converse
Glasses: LOVE

4 comments:

  1. I really like that top. And bright pants are so the thing right now... Kinda sad that I don't have any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweeeesome!!! Sooo bright and colourful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun outfit! Love the print on your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg Wiley... I cannot believe I've missed out on all this fun stuff!!! For some reason, your blog just wasn't on my feed anymore... It was weird. Then today, I decided to just mosey on by and check to see if you were still updating. OH MAN, OH MAN. I've missed so much!

    You look ahhhmayzign here! and I love your poses! You are a posing maven. I just stand there and DEMAND pictures to be taken of me. hahaha. :)
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete