May 23, 2011

Sportin' Style

I had to take a few snaps of my outfit for today. I was on my way out the door when I had a flash of inspiration. It was a sudden moment of complete and total EUREKA. So I stopped in mid-step, pivoted and dashed back inside. I grabbed my camera and went to the back deck to take a couple of pictures.... Did I mention that I was on my way to the gym?

Did I also mention I'm a total ham?

I can snap pictures of me making faces at the camera in all kinds of pretty dresses, and that's cool, it's fun, but I'm not always comfortable with it, because it's only half honest.
When it comes down to it, I change outfits twice a day almost every day. This is my OTHER uniform, something I have been, and will be rocking daily for weeks, months and hopefully years to come. Don't worry, I promise I'm not going to go on another I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT rant, I'm here to talk about gym fashion. You know, serious stuff, people! If it's important enough to make it into my everyday life, it's important enough to write about in my blog.

There are four elements to this outfit:
1. The headgear
2. The tee
3. The shorts
4. The shoes
1 & 2.... As I'm sure you can see, I stay awesome at the gym by wearing sunglasses... I also rock them at night and in the bar, like an 80s song AND a douchebag. My hair gets pulled up into a tight bun and my bangs are held back with an elastic headband. Please note how nothing in this outfit is colour coordinated. I did that on purpose, to be ironic, or whatever.

As for the t-shirt.... The Hart Dynasty is a WWE wrestling tag team from Canada. Recently I went through an easy six month phase of being completely obsessed with the drama of pro wrestling. (Side note: RIP Randy Savage.) I know it's all set up, but the athleticism, a sense of showmanship and it's cheesy as hell.... Right up my alley. I only wish I had been into it in the 90s, because apparently that was golden age... Whatever, I still loves me some Miz, some John Morrison and some Daniel Bryan. Dear future employer, stumbling onto this blog.......I have nothing to say at the moment that might salvage your opinion of me. I'll get back to you on this.
You normally don't see this much swagger from someone in biking shorts.
3 & 4... shorts and shoes. The shorts are from Joe Fresh, and I'm pretty sure my mom bought them on sale. I don't even know how to tell you what colour they are. The racing stripes are some washed out pink and the main part is some weird green-grey-concrete tone I've never been able to nail down. I like them because they don't ride up when I'm on a roll. Also, anything equipped with racing stripes gets a thumbs up in my book.

The shoes are white, yellow and black Reeboks. I think I've have them since at least my first year of college... three years ago. I really think they pull the whole look together, don't you? It's like I always say... There's something about a pair of well loved, dirty running shoes that adds a touch of class to the ensemble.

Realistically, this is what I'm wearing when I'm not prancing around in dresses, sandals or skinny jeans. JUST GLAMOROUS. What do y'all rock when you aren't being fabulous citizens of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment