February 14, 2011

Valentine Vanity

I'm not a fashion blogger by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know anything about designers, fabrics, fashion week, or Vogue. In fact, until three weeks ago I thought websites like lookbook were filled with vain people who thought they were the hottest thing since training wheels. People getting off on looking at themselves.

Then I found something that surprised me: plus size fashion blogs. I realized that posting your clothes ain't about flaunting what you've got (not all of it), it's showing others they don't have to be afraid to rock out loud. That they could try and pull off something they never have before.

That being said, today we got dressed up to go out for a special Valentine's Day celebration.
It was WONDERFUL. The three of us, my roommates and I, met up with one of our friends, Alli. She's the rainbows to my sunshine, and she has the most infectious, loudest laugh I've ever heard! We had amazing Indian food followed by ice cream. I've never laughed so hard or had such delicious naan bread! I even tried goat! (It was delicious.)
So, with the encouragement of my friend and roommate Rebekah from Eden A La Mode I'm posting these pictures we took before we went out for our awesome dinner.
Everything looks artsy and cool with a little sepia tone added.
That's all I've got for now... I'm wondering what the rest of the world did to celebrate love day?

P.S. I wrote an article about St. Valentine's Day for TRAVIS magazine... You can check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment