April 01, 2013

The Burnout


Dear anxiety, doubt, fear, oppression, and low-self confidence,

Dear world,

I'm never going to quit.

But, I'm not going to lie and say that I won't ever feel like quitting. 
There are days now, and there will be days in the future, where my heart will be tired and my head will be angry and my fingers will be cold with sadness, and my shoulders will hurt from hugging my pillow too tight in my sleep. There will be pathetic, angst ridden days, for every day spent in the sun. There will be hours where fighting for the little guy will appear to be anything but worth it. Days when sleepwalking and shutting down will be the temptation over feeling, and feeling deeply.

But I am never going to give up. Not on myself, and not on you, not on this, the world, the now or the future. Don't expect me to avoid scraping my knees or falling face down in the dirt. Don’t expect me to feel this way all the time, either. I’ll play dead, swearing like the victim of a whiskey soaked hangover that I’ll never do it again. That I give up, I let go, that I’m never making it and I’m okay with that. This defeatist attitude will all be fucking talk. Eventually I will rise up, wipe the tears and dirt from my cheeks, spit out the grit, and keep going. 

And I will do it for myself, and for every single person who has told me to never change. Every single person who needs a change.
"You are something. One of those most amazing somethings this life has to offer."

No comments:

Post a Comment