January 17, 2013

Mish Mash

 Today was a great food day.
Breakfast: 1 serving of Budget Bytes "Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal" which is pretty much as good as it sounds. With cold milk on top. Coffee.

Lunch: I slice of Bek and I's special leftover homemade pizza (spinach, peppers, feta, mozz, DIY crust....obviously. Food snob standards!) from Tuesday night and carrot sticks.

Dinner: Honey Whiskey Pulled BBQ Chicken on a homemade whole wheat bun with onions and my parent's homemade pickles. Thinly sliced yukon gold potato, baked and salted to crispy perfection. Fresh snow peas. Goooood, I love food.

I love cooking so much I think I would be a great but awful housewife, on my merit of singing when I'm home by myself and my baking skills alone.
------

People are lovely in summer sunshine, but I think winter lends people a different kind of beauty. All bundled up in their jackets, with their breath escaping to rejoin the rest of the air in a swirling expulsion, their cheeks a warmed through red, a burst of life and colour. Hats make your hair a mess. Eyes brighten as they water in the icy wind. It's awesome.

That being said, it's supposed to feel like -31 in the morning tomorrow. SCREW. YOU. WINTER.

------
Last Saturday, we climbed up to the top of Mont-Royal and looked over this big giant city, scored on its crown with the St. Lawrence river. All I thought was, "We don't have anything like this in Waterloo." I'm going back to that park and sledding before winter is over. So I probably have a good 100 months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment