September 17, 2012

Well, there's always next weekend.

Stuff I Did This Weekend: 

vendredi
• Went to a "meet & greet" with staff of Concordia's independent student newspaper, "The Link" (and signed up to be a contributor to several categories.)
• Hit up a local microbrew with The Link staff, sampled both raspberry and honeybrown beers.  (Notes: both, good.) Also, listened to Bekah debate the merits of different Bowie albums with an Irishman. Met a journalist grad who majored in Russian studies, spoke fluent Russian and gave us three reasons why his apartment was haunted.
• Walked home in the rain, threw on the new Darkness CD and fell asleep even though I was SO SURE I WASN'T TIRED.

samedi
• Slept in. (durr.)
• Trekked out to Value Village to find some back to school garb, and ended up with three pieces and 5 books-- more than I meant to buy. (Oops.)
• Went for a solid 5K run. Upon which I threw down Hans Zimmer's The Dark Knight Rises soundtrack and ran like I WAS the Batman. (Cape not included.)
• Read T.S. Eliot and Allen Ginsberg aloud, lying on my yoga mat, in the kitchen, to Rebekah.
• Split for the evening to the Village, danced like a FREAK, and then split early. Last trains are the despair of my dancing shoes.
• We made the mutual decision that 1AM was a premature turn in on a Saturday night and thus, headed out to the legendary La Banquise, a 24-hour poutine joint. ATE EVERYTHING. Seriously. (Bek: La Elvis. Me: La Matty.)
La Elvis
I realize this looks like the most disgusting thing ever (all poutine does), but there is steak and green peppers and gravy and that's all you need to know.
 
• Walked home. C'est froid.

dimanche
• grocery shopped
tidied my room
• made epically good vegetarian chili
• put up the rest of my picture frames
• #occupied Second Cup to steal their internet. (The money I'm going to save when I don't have to buy tea to use their internet connection is going to be awesome. Like. Seriously, 4 bucks a week.)

Stuff I Didn't Do this Weekend:
laundry
• cocaine

No comments:

Post a Comment