June 16, 2012

Blog By Numbers

#1. The way to keep your life from being consumed by a fashion blog is to not write a fashion blog.


#2. The way to celebrate your birthday is to first declare loudly you don't want to do anything. Then decide you do want to do something. After this deliberate endlessly over WHAT should be done for it, and with whom and upon what day. Then, sit back, throw your hands down onto the keyboard and and write a blog about. Also, make sure you don't book it off for work so that you can scramble to find someone to cover your shift, because while you're not sure WHAT you're doing, your special birthday ass is NOT celebrating by asking people for their Optimum cards.

#3. The way to cut out refined carbs is to stop eating chips, crackers and white bread. Instead, you find yourself eating lots of yogurt, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and ALWAYS BEING HUNGRY.

#4. The fact that having two  jobs is starting to cut into my social calendar is really...discouraging.  I need the cash but spending 6 or 7 days a week without being able to see people who I'm going to miss in a few months time is...disheartening. And frustrating. And stupid. I want a real weekend, DAMNIT. It's also hard to be happy about my jobs when I'd rather be off chasing my passions. It's day jobs vs. love in the dark.

#5. Two albums I can't stop listening right now: Jack White's Blunderbuss and Tom Waits' Bad As Me.

#6. My cat just barked. And my barked I mean he ruffed and woofed.

#7. I'm already beginning to stress about money and the move to Montreal in a few months time. I'm already missing people. I'm already getting pangs of feelings. What the hell have I done?! Don't get me wrong. I'm excited. But....Now the excitement is being shaken up with fear and worry as reality sets in. University seems big and cold and impersonal right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment