May 01, 2012

The Mechanics of Good Time

Due to my adventures in Toronto yesterday, followed by my opening shift and a nap, I woke up to my legs being a little stiff. I was scared but the road was CALLING. So I strapped on my new running shoes and hit the pavement.

I felt really strong today. My legs wouldn't quit, they felt amazing. When push came to shove, I set a NEW personal best for my 5K time! I cut 1 minute, 44 seconds off my time today. The difference between giving all and giving up...EFFORT. That's accounting that I had to stop once for a traffic light, and for a pickup truck who was parking. Magical.

I was faster than ever today, and my goal of achieving a 5K in under 30 minutes is getting closer with every run. Never thought I'd be athletic. I never thought I'd find pure joy in kicking my own ass, but here we are.

I ended up singing this in the shower after my run, loud and proud and PUMPED UP. RUNNING SONG OF THE WEEK:

No comments:

Post a Comment