February 03, 2012

Get Busy Blogging

As the saying goes, get busy living or get busy blogging. I guess this past week I've been doing more living than blogging! Still, here's some links in case you're interested:

Spring Has Sprung, Bitches-- 2012 Spring Fashion Report for TRAVIS

Everyday People-- How I Met a Homophobe in Real Life

Other than that, this week was a blur of working the Starbucks and Shoppers, as well as celebrating Rebekah's 22nd birthday. As the BFF, I was overly freaked about making everything go right. I wanted a fun, stress free smooth riding night, damnit, and I was going to pick at every detail with tweezers until it was perfect.

Which is why everything went slightly wrong. Everything from bad winter weather driving into Toronto, to people going home from the bar sick, to finding 24 hour parking, all the way to work calling me in the morning saying, "You were suppose to uhh...be here an hour ago?" When I had really booked the day off. I guess trying to control the chaos just doesn't work. Note to self: In the future, go with the flow, because stressing out doesn't make things NOT HAPPEN TO YOU.

Moulin Rouge.
The night started out with martinis and awesome food, and railed through to Fly, our favourite gay bar with lots of bassy techno dance music. Josh got danced on by a man and Justin got asked if he knew where to get some ecstasy. I accidentally-on-purpose gave Rebekah a birthday kiss at midnight. Amy had to go home sick. Everyone rocked out, and I got my dance on. I freakin' LOVE getting my dance on. If I could take dance classes for fun, I would go every DAY. I would eat sleep and breathe shakin' it.

Rebekah and Justin rock the dance floor.

The night ended with Justin, Rebekah and I driving around Toronto at 2:30 in the morning freezing our asses off and looking for places with cheap 24 hour parking. My toes were freezing as I ran to the parking lot signs to read the restrictions. We pulled u-turns. We laughed and shivered. Sitting in the the Buick, looking over at Bek, I assured her we would laugh about it some day. "It's going to make a good story." That's my one liner.

We fit six people sleeping in Alli and Amy's tiny living room, human jigsaw style. I meant to take a picture but I was too busy snuggling between Justin on the floor, and the giant nest chair Reb was sleeping on. Then we talked. All I know is we talked pop rocks, French Stewart, Robert Munsch, schizophrenia... That qualifies a good night for me. Martinis, Dancing, Story Material, French Stewart, giant sleepover. The night felt very "20-something" to me.

Other Things I Did This Week:
I finally saw Shame, watched Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (AGAIN, yes it was that good), got my ass back into the gym, started working on my portfolio for Concordia, ate Almond Butter, found a new fitness philosophy (STOP THINKING OF WORKING OUT AS A PUNISHMENT) and I dunno. Things. I did things.

1 comment:

  1. That was a pretty good birthday looking back other than the sicknesses!

    AND. It sounds like you had a pretty good week! (Especially the movies =D )

    ReplyDelete