January 27, 2012

Rooney

I have a giant serious girl-crush on Rooney Mara. I had one before seeing her in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but after experiencing the film last night for the first time, I have to just say it: I would fully and completely go gay for her. She is brilliant, intense, beautiful and her eyes. Good god, her eyes. So maybe the next time my mom asks me if I'm sure I'm not a lesbian I will have to pause and go, "Oh. Only for Rooney."

The point is: she blew me away. The whole film did. It was fucking SPECTACULAR from every angle and element. I knew it was going to be good: Fincher never lets me down. I walked in with only the knowledge of the story that I had extracted from watching (and drooling over) the trailer. I walked out completely and utterly speechless, mindfucked and wanting more. (Also: I wanted to cut my hair. I've been thinking about doing a Rihanna thing and then casually posting an outfit with this badass and awesome haircut, all casual and cool like. But I am bad at surprises and keeping secrets. So. There you go. I'm thinking about it. Opinions?)



If you don't think there is something fully epic about that, I am sorry. There is something broken inside of you or you're Chuck Norris and aren't impressed by ANYTHING.
The point is, my mind is like a sponge. If I see something AWESOME, if I experience something, if someone in the same room is in a bad mood I feel like I soak it up more than most people might. I woke up this morning feeling like I wanted to be a badass. Which of course is the total and complete opposite of myself. Didn't keep me from trying.

Lisbeth Salander dressed how I wish I could in highschool, but with a ton more style. She makes me want to dress like her NOW. I bought that studded belt last weekend for the shoes I'm reworking but suddenly, this morning, it was my YES moment.

Kacy took these pictures for me. I ran outside to do it myself, but then my camera died. My tripod is finicky. It was cold. The neighbors were staring and I told them I was taking pictures of the trees for a photo essay about why winter sucks. Total badass, right? So I dragged little sis into the cold to take some snaps while I tried to look serious by staring at the ground with the concentration of a telepath unlocking a mind vault. (No, I don't really know what that is either. I just made it up.)


One of the (EVERY)things I loved about Lisbeth's look was the minimal makeup. Her skin was a flawless white palette of monochrome. Some of us would call it the perfect screen tan. I'm working on mine. I used lip balm and a concealer stick-- you can KIND of see it here? I guess?

Everything Except the Boots: Thrifted
Boots: Aldo

I don 't know. Go see the movie. That's all I have to say about that....kind of. Probably. Mostly. I'M GOING TO THE MALL NOW.

2 comments:

  1. Riley, I haven't seen the new Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie! but I hear it's been getting good reviews. I tend to be biased towards the originals, but I'm sure I'll end up watching this soon. I definitely wish I was more bad ass, sartorially, like this amazing look you're sporting, girlie! I love the makeup on you too! You look gorgeous!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. That third picture of you is sexy-beautiful!! GADDAMN. <3

    ReplyDelete