October 19, 2011

INFP

If you haven't taken this personality test yet, you should give it a shot. When you figure out who you are, (what a profound statement) Google your results. It might make your brain explode.... Just a little warning.

I'm an INFP-
Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving personality. Either these people have been following me around for 21 years or they really figured out some crazy things about the human mind. They have my number...to minute point of RIDICULOUSNESS.

Yesterday, I got in a fight with mama. We've been at odds lately, under different stresses, so whenever we have an argument, the points go back and forth like the ping pong championships of the WORLD...fast and ridiculous. We were fighting about insurance, about rent, about debt, going to school, Telly's relationship with the new carpet on the stairs... (He likes scratching at it), even about flossing my TEETH.

BUT, you know where it started? The epicenter of this bloody every-thing-you've- ever-done-wrong-to-me fight? She told me I was no longer allowed to use her car to go places and do things if I had laundry all over my floor.

Exhibit A:


"When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet."

SAY WHAT.

Follow that up with how completely shaken I was about Jamie Hubley, and you can top it off with THIS:

"Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community."

The other fun thing about this test is that...I feel like if I have a personality type such as this, I can't be the only one. There are people out there who are just like me... and that's cool. That's way...way... far out amazing. It also makes me feel justified in..wanting to, needing to write...as a calling. Wanting to work in charity, it seems clear and justified now. Changing my life. I don't know. It's reassuring.

I have to go work out now. I'm trying to get back on the healthy life wagon. The regular exercise wagon. The fruits and veggies wagon. Rebekah and I had a long awesome talk after my 10K the other day. She brought up a lot of thoughtful points about my weight loss goals. How it might be easier to focus on small goals, like five pounds at a time.

She also pointed out that maybe instead of thinking INEEDTOLOSE50POUNDSZOMG. I just keep losing in small, small, small ways, until I feel happy with my body.
Which totally makes sense. I don't want to be a stick figure. I LIKE CURVES. I just want to be happy. And this is a way more positive way to think about things. I'm going to try very hard to make this time different.

Re-invent!

2 comments:

  1. When I first took that test I was like, WHAT? There has to be some kind of real science to this. I'm an ENTJ- Extrovert, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging. And holy moly-- tons of stuff, if not all, were true about me. I guess what hit me, too, like you, was that-- crap, I'm not the only one out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah these things are right on the button! That result is most totally you!

    And you're off to a great start already!! =)

    ReplyDelete