October 16, 2011

Anticipation

I'm writing a little post before I go to bed because I won't have time to do it tomorrow in the morning before the race. THE FACKING RACE. Last time I had to run a roadrace (a measly 5k, PFF...Okay it was a HUGE deal at the time-- my first race ever) I was freaking out during my pre-blog and I wrote this.

Unfortunately my sense of humor has been burned away by nerves jangling as hard as piano keys, and left in it's smoking wake determination, ashes of fear and a sense of destiny. Yeah, I'm ridiculous, and yeah, I said it. Destiny. Tomorrow is huge character climax for me, whether positive or negative. It will end the 10K story arc. It's going to change me, and I can 't wait for it.

My goal for tomorrow is 1 hour 30 minutes. I'll try and get pictures. Otherwise, the next time I post it'll be from the other side of the finish line. <3

Here's hoping I don't puke.

1 comment:

  1. Riley, I hope you see this before you go on your race.. You will be GREAT! I'll be sending some awesome vibes your way!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete