September 27, 2011

Espresso Powered

Hey kids!

The good news is that contrary to what the lack of postings might suggest, I am NOT DEAD! (WOO!) The bad news is that I have been working a LOT (6 days this week!) and have not had the time or the energy to post anything. So, I decided to write a blog on my laptop while on my 30 minute lunch break at work. This breakneck speed is unforgiving so please let any typos, grammar, flying monkeys or espresso stains slide by unnoticed.

Everything in life has been going swimmingly since I lost my mind on that fine Sunday and ended up with my therapist. She made me realize that I need to make some big changes in my life. I've looked at everything from looking for internships at magazines to volunteering overseas to studying abroad somewhere cool, but I haven't quite decided which I want more. Any and all of these choices would obviously have a huge impact on my life, and I have dreams and hopes that are attached to all of them.

Thursday I'll be popping into my school to get some career counselling and hopefully find one answer or another to my dilemma. Also, meeting with my friend Justin for lunch, who invited me to the poetry slam a week? Two weeks ago?

Either way...poetry slam was CRAZY AWESOME, you have no idea. (Unless you've been to a slam before. Oh. My. Lawd.) It opened up my mind to how words could be used as weapons, as fists, as affection and hate and social expression. Don't ask me WHY I didn't think of poetry that way before, I just...never had experienced it that way. Bek and I got lost on the way there as her blackberry (which had the map and directions on it) died and so we ended up on another crazy adventure that ended in something totally new and beautiful and exciting. It was honestly one of the best nights in recent memory and I can't wait to go to another one! Which I most definitely will.

In other news, I am 90% sure that I am going to be FREDDIE MERCURY for Halloween this year. (As a follow up to my last minute decision to go as David Bowie last year.) The complete obsession with Freddie, and Queen and the general amazingness of them together continues on. I saw Lion King in 3D and while I don't give a damn about 3D, I have to confirm, yes, Lion King is STILL as good as you thought it was when you were younger. Actually, maybe even better. That's rare, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. 1. Sounds like Thursday will be awesome! It'll be nice to be back in the 'Ville for a while especially if it's giving you answers you're looking for!

    2. You look adorbs in that picture. You may not love Starbucks, but that light certainly loves you!!

    =)

    P.S.

    AHHHHHHH NA WHEN YAAAAAAA NANA BEES SINA BAAAAAAAH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to a poetry slam but it definitely sounds interesting. Well, I hope you continue to find the time to blog more. I love what you post. You're way super aforable! :)

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riley, you're back!!! being busy is good! It looks like you've also looked at a lot of options at what you want to do in the future. So exciting! :)

    I probably should try going to a poetry slam one of these days.... I love poetry and totally believe in the power of words, but never have been to one. I might actually like it! :)

    Oooh intriguing choice for halloween costume! mustache and all? Can't wait!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete