March 20, 2011

I Like this.

You know what's cool? A billion dollars. I just finished watching The Social Network and it blew out every floor of my brain from visuals to dialogue and back again. Aaron Sorkin's Oscar was well deserved.

But really, do you know what's cool?
That question has billions of answers, each more awesome than the last. I'm going to throw a few at you: patience paying off, DIY projects, and bargain bins. Today, I got all three. As part of some Saturday errands, I ended up in Fabricland. Just like I do with almost every store I wander into, I wound up meandering around in the discount bins. There were plenty of random off whites, scraps of sequins and other bits and pieces. Two particular pieces stuck out to me...

The first kind was this:
A beautiful linen type material with poppies on it. With a little sewing, I thought it would make a great thick headband just like this...Or similar. You get the idea:

(Source.)
Bright, girly, springy and a little hippie! (Also, she has a kitten on her shirt. That rocks.)

The second bargain bin find was this blue material:
I have been perving on scarf of a similar colour every time I have gone to H&M since the summer. Every time I oogled it though,it ended up being put back. I just was not willing to cough up 15+ bucks for a plain coloured scarf, even if the material was nice. In the end, my cheap (err...patient) nature helped me out! I got almost a full meter of this for under $3.00.

All in all, the material came to $4.49, exactly, and that's the beauty of it. Two new pieces for a literal fraction of the cost... Go spend your billion dollars elsewhere. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment