December 31, 2013

2013, what we are now is one day more and one young woman certain of only one thing, and that's January 1st.

There were monumental shifts in the speed of time in 2013. Winter dragged with unfathomably heavy feet as it always does. Blink, a bachelorette and a wedding. Blink, it's three weeks in Australia over, and then the plane ride home felt 30 hours long instead of 16, with the flight from LAX to YYZ being the blink of an eye.

The long, slow drag of my depressive episode in the summer, coupled with the crack-of-a-whip speed of first semester and Christmas break, gone. I can't believe 2013 is over, but what's more, I can't believe how much it never seemed to make up its mind. It was everywhere.

I did a lot this year. Physical accomplishments, things like getting my editing position, my trip to Oz... I also had a lot of emotional struggle, including my first real, REAL heartbreak, a battle with anxiety, a step up in bravery.

I'm too tired to be writing this now, but I won't have the time to write it tomorrow.
I guess I'll say this year was hard, but the hard parts made the easy parts that much sweeter, and they made something out of me I wouldn't have achieved without them. I'm still pondering my resolutions, but I'll probably post them.

Probably something about fitness and art, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment