May 17, 2012

Redemption

It seems I was a touch hasty about announcing my rejection from Concordia. I woke up the next day in the sunshine-- and for a second forgot that my plans for the next couple of years had been dashed.  Then it all came back.  After an eventful and ridiculous morning at the doctor's office, I was ready to crawl back into bed and tell work where to go.

When I got home I was checking my emails, only to find an offer of admission waiting for me!

They offered me admission into their BA of English Literature program with my original minor, Professional Writing. I'm a little disappointed that I've missed the mark, but I'm ever so pleased to have moving to Montreal as an option in my life again. Which brings me to the question: is having a BA in English Lit the same as having just a BA in English? Or is it like having a degree in something like Latin or Philosophy: i.e.  leaning on obsolete?

First person to figure it out gets a cookie. Or something. A customized drink from Starbucks, designed by yours truly. Sure, why not?

Today at work I served the Australian Nick Miller (AKA Jake Johnson in New Girl), a guy who looked like Linguine from Ratatouille, and suppressed eyerolls to all who ordered frapps.

I have to stop writing these at night. I get too tired to put effort into them and then they become boring rambles. MISH MASH MUSH. 

1 comment:

  1. job market-wise, a BA in English is the same as a BA in English lit even though they are completely different. My advice is to look at the program requirements to see whether or not you would be getting an extra advantage getting that degree.

    ReplyDelete