March 29, 2012

Part of Your World

There are few things more annoying to me than protocol for the sake of itself. Last week (or the week before) or whenever we had that freakadelic stint of amazing weather, it was guaranteed that 1/10 every Starbucks customer I saw asked my why we didn't have the patio furniture out. Clearly, these people are not experts on clause 5.7 of Murphy's Law, that the second you take advantage of freakishly out of season 26 degree weather, take the snow tires off your car, retire your winter jacket, bust out the patio, it's going to plummet back into freezing temperatures.

We took the patio furniture out. In fact, every Starbucks in the district did. Now I'm sitting, looking outside to grey, 1 degree weather, with a chance of flurries tomorrow. World, I blame you for this. Back to bundling up to go for runs it is. That being said, I ran almost 5K yesterday and it felt EASY. Difficult, maybe, but I could have run farther. I could have even run faster if I felt so inclined. POWERRRRRR.

That being said, the running song of the week is this: Sunrise by Childish Gambino

IN OTHER NEWS:
Recently, a friend of mine who I met through NaNoWriMo moved to England, specifically, Liverpool. This relocation has had us talking pretty much every day, and he's been tweeting me all these neat pictures of the new place where he lives. And me, seeing all this cool stuff, hearing about all these new things, am pretty much like this:
I WANT MOOOOORE (Source... also check the Tumblr. It's sick as in zero-cool.)

Now, comes the restlessness right down to my bones. Now, the feelings of being trapped. In this completely-mostly-not-angsty-way I'm brimming with longing to get the hell out of my hometown. I've known for a long time I didn't 'belong' in Waterloo, not because I stand out or I'm too good for it or something, I've just felt this calling to get out, beyond the borders and have my feet take me down the streets of new places.

Whether this is in the context of moving to Montreal, or farther, or just finding some new way to express myself, find something else, I don't know. How I'm going to assuage these feelings is also up for debate, but it's all a matter of time before I am accepted/denied my entrance to university and then I can make all of my choices from there. The nice thing is, is that exploring all my options, seeing other people do it, and working sur mon francais is making me brave. It's possibly. It's the great WHY NOT? Why not? You only live once. (Past and future reincarnations not withstanding, if that's your thing.)

No outfit posts, because I've been going about my business buck naked. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment