March 06, 2012

Children of the Revolution

EDIT: In regards to the KONY thing, I admit my enthusiasm for the campaign has waned a great deal. I am friends with people who luckily have the ability to look at things analytically while I'm chasing my emotional tail in circles like a really upset dog. And I know thanks to many MANY debates and discussions, we're all on the same page-- something needs to be done-- but sending in foreign military isn't the answer. Obviously, Kony needs to be stopped, but we need more answers and safer solutions. This paragraph is just a little apology to my friends who had the patience to understand my point of view, and to give me the wisdom of theirs.
----

I'm sure you've already heard about KONY2012 and if you haven't you live under a social media rock that is probably slowly crushing the life out of you. Allow me to lift the rock-- you help-- by encouraging you to click that link. Yes that one right up there.

After that, it's all up to you. And me. And everyone we know to pick up the pieces and move forward. I can't get this song out of my head... Forget the shitty slideshow video, and just embrace the music.



This campaign gives me hope for the world and the kids and the internet generation.... I don't know. Hope in general. That someone has a plan to take what connects us, what divides us, what logs us in and shuts us off and plans to use it for the power of GOOD. That someone has been fighting for this for so many years already and now we're nearing the final push? It's-- I've been trying to cut back on my use of the word-- AWESOME and AWE-INSPIRING and AWWEYEAH.

I know it's going to be huge right now, I only hope the generational enthusiasm doesn't wane over the year. I'm sure some people will forget, or some people will never care, but for those that keep it up-- who carry the hope with them.... It's for those people my heart truly beats.

I am LOVING this.
-----------------------

In more boring news: I had my Starbucks work review. I perform all my duties ADEQUATELY. I am adequate. That's pretty freakin' righteous, bean there, done that. (GROAN.)

I'll be hosting my FIRST EVER COFFEE TASTING SEMINAR ON THE 21ST OF THIS MONTH. You heard it here first. I'm going to put my money where my macchiato is and lead people through a COFFEE TASTING EXPERIENCE. Shit. I'm doing it already.

1 comment:

  1. I WANNA GO ON A COFFEE ADVENTURE PLEASE.

    And Kony is happening. It's going down.

    ReplyDelete