November 25, 2011

Things I'm Going to Do in Montreal

I've been thinking a lot lately about my life in Montreal, or hopefully my future life. Maybe it's because things at home haven't been ideal (mama and I have bi-weekly arguments, and they're not bad but they are ridiculous!), or because I'm going to have to start putting my portfolio together to apply to school... Or maybe it's because I've started a new 'program' for my health, and so change has been on the table a lot. Physically changing, mentally changing. My life is getting on the move, slowly, like a turtle with purpose.

And because I'm procrastinating on my NaNoWriMo and everything in between, I've been daydreaming about my future life.

Stuff I'm going to do when I live in Montreal
• Befriend my neighbors... As long as my neighbors are cool. I'll start off by bringing them cookies or something when I move in, and we'll start off being friends that way.

• Become bilingual. Even if it's only French-Canadian.

• Throw a party. I want a purple party, a 1920s Speakeasy party, a pot-luck... Anything like that!

• Meet my gay best friend. He's out there. I know he is!

• Eat in local restaurants that aren't chains...and love the hell out of it.

• Bike lots of places. Become one with my bicycle and local transit.

• Volunteer. Though I would do that probably anywhere!

• Spot Xavier Dolan, Niels Schneider or Jay Baruchel. (Possibly all three?) Srrsly

I don't know why I'm posting this. I just like lists! And...it's my blog!

Also: I realized two the the things that make me really happy are working out (YAY CHEMICAL BALANCE!) and cooking delicious food. So those two either work together or cancel each other out or work together like cool works with awesome. Who knows?

1 comment:

  1. I like lists as well, and yep, it's your blog, dear, so POST AWAY! I totally actually really LOVE everything on your list here. It's inspiring me to get my ass off the couch and do something. Like make a list. or throw a fantastic partay.

    ReplyDelete