June 01, 2011

Norma Jean

I feel as though I might have plenty to write about, but not the energy to do it! (How I can be so wiped and unemployed is a mystery.) Between job hunting, writing, working out and other things, I guess I might be able to try and justify it. Either way, I thought today deserved a small post. It's National Running Day, but also Marilyn Monroe's birthday. Had she been alive, she would have been 85, and still radiant, I'm sure.

Instead of going for a run (sorry, running) I ended up going to zumba class, and rocking my curves instead. You know who was famous for hers? You got it, kiddies.
(Source.)

As you might have drawn from James Dean on the right side bar, I have a thing about old Hollywood. I love how classy and glamorous and genuinely talented everyone was. Everyone was a triple threat, with that flawless silver screen glow. I love so many things about it, except for the way it destroyed so many young, amazing, beautiful people.

In the words of Elton John:
I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did.

No comments:

Post a Comment