June 23, 2011

21

It was my birthday on Tuesday! I had an excellent but low key birthday DAY. Rebekah and a friend of ours went out to Chez Cora's for brunch. Then my sisters and I made chocolate cupcakes filled with marshmallow cream, using a recipe from my dessert homegirl Martha Stewart.

Then after that, we all got ready and headed out to one of my favourite local restaurants to celebrate in style. I'm just gonna say there was chèvre (goat cheese), risotto, and a little sangria by way of celebration. At the end of the meal instead of bringing a huge cake or sundae like other restaurants, they brought out a miniature creme brulée. I'd never had it before (somehow) but it was AMAZING. AMAAAAZING. My yoga and 10K training were out the window as I found true love with caramelized sugar and smooth vanilla filling.

At home we sipped champagne (champagne birthday 21 on the 21st!) and I got to open my gifts. I got some workout gear, some yoga classes, some pieces from Forever 21 & H&M and some bling bling! Then we lit the candles and I made the twenty-first birthday wish I've ever made. I can't tell you what it is though...;D

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Riley! You look absolutely beaming in that last picture!

    ReplyDelete