March 06, 2011

Blogifornia #4: Final Thoughts


Here is a picture of me thinking all of these oh-so deep final thoughts.
I’m cheating and writing this on the airplane, en route to my home AND native land. The country being Canada, the city being Toronto and the weather being cold. I am looking forward to two of those three things, and I can assure you after seven days of pure California sunshine, it’s not the cold.

I was sad to see the mountains, the desert, the gorgeous weather, the palm trees all disappear behind the cloud cover as our flight took off today. I got to see and do some amazing things in California. It was a perfect way to shake off the winter drag. I feel ready to face the rest of the semester. (The rest of my life? Different story.)
In spite of the fact that I was loving everything La Quinta offered, I was surprised about how much I missed the things I had left behind. My fam-a-lam, Costello, and my other roommate, (the artist formerly known as Rebekah Eden, over at Eden a la Mode). I missed the apartment with it’s tiny kitchen. Faces and people who had been nothing but Facebook updates and messages for the duration of the entire week.
It really makes me wonder as to whether or not I’d be capable of moving somewhere far away, like England or Los Angeles, away from everything that is familiar and loved. Who can say?
I guess the point is that while SOME good things just have to come to an end, there’s a silver lining waiting on the other side just wanting to be acknowledged.

I’ll never forget the trip, what was seen and done, tasted and captured in photographs. I had a bunch of firsts for this trip, and those are always exciting, because they can turn into seconds or thirds.
I discovered that I don’t hate seafood. I tried a date shake. I hugged the prickliest tree I’ve ever met. I walked through the desert to an oasis, and saw huge gorgeous rock formations that had been around for thousands of years. I saw sky so big and blue, you could fall up and go swimming in it.
Maybe on my next visit.
New dream? Possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment