March 01, 2011

Blogifornia #2: Slice of (Unreal) Life

There are MOUNTAINS on every horizon, palm trees, flowers, sunshine and tons of retired people who walk by without seeing it. He who is tired of California is tired of life. Making it short, I'm kind of in love. I will always be a proud Canadian, and I've always maintained there is a charm to the winter months. However, I have a scary feeling if I ever make it to San Francisco, I won't come home. EVER.

Yesterday, we hit up a local flea market, where I began gift shopping for my luvvies back home. Today we went to El Paseo, which is the Rodeo Drive of the Coachella Valley. Safe to say all we did was window shop. At Pottery Barn I fell in love with this:

I'm going to replicate this somehow, because while I loved the heck out of it, as we say in apartment 605, "I didn't 40$ love it." Forty dollars for a canvas laptop sleeve. Really, PB? Really?

After a crazy afternoon we ended up at Target, a low cost wonderland and soon we were frantically trying on buckets of items. So far it's been a shopaholic good time, but tomorrow we're heading out to nature in the form of a national park called Joshua Tree.

Rock easy, friends! Sorry this entry was so vague. I missed yesterday and I didn't want today to be overly long.

No comments:

Post a Comment